Ajmal ban: What’s the first thing that comes to mind?
- ICC are finally becoming serious about illegal actions (36%)
- Pakistan are going to suffer in a big way (35%)
- Hope the ICC are consistent in handing out punishments (24%)
- Individual boards will be under pressure to address suspect actions (5%)
What are the takeaway tips from India’s ODI series in England?
- India are excellent in the shorter formats, England better suited for Tests (47%)
- England’s poor team selection and performances make it impossible to judge India (23%)
- Zimbabwe have more than a “cat in hell’s chance” at the World Cup compared to England (15%)
- Alastair Cook is a total misfit in ODIs, both as captain and as batsman (15%)
The changes in India’s backroom staff will:
- Help the team do better in the limited-overs matches (33%)
- Finally put pressure on Duncan Fletcher to justify his presence (31%)
- Are cosmetic and essentially knee-jerk reactions (25%)
- Have no effect, the team is demoralised (11%)
Which has been the most dependable pairing in Tests in the last 20 years?
- Kumar Sangakkara & Mahela Jayawardene (41%)
- Rahul Dravid & Sachin Tendulkar (41%)
- Matthew Hayden & Justin Langer (10%)
- Virender Sehwag & Gautam Gambhir (8%)
What personnel changes should India make for the fourth Test?
- Make room for R Ashwin, no matter what (42%)
- Replace Shikhar Dhawan with Gautam Gambhir (40%)
- Leave out Mohammed Shami and bring in Varun Aaron (14%)
- None. They should stick with the same playing XI (4%)