The changes in India’s backroom staff will:
- Are cosmetic and essentially knee-jerk reactions (36%)
- Help the team do better in the limited-overs matches (27%)
- Have no effect, the team is demoralised (18%)
- Finally put pressure on Duncan Fletcher to justify his presence (19%)
Which has been the most dependable pairing in Tests in the last 20 years?
- Kumar Sangakkara & Mahela Jayawardene (41%)
- Rahul Dravid & Sachin Tendulkar (41%)
- Matthew Hayden & Justin Langer (10%)
- Virender Sehwag & Gautam Gambhir (8%)
What personnel changes should India make for the fourth Test?
- Make room for R Ashwin, no matter what (42%)
- Replace Shikhar Dhawan with Gautam Gambhir (40%)
- Leave out Mohammed Shami and bring in Varun Aaron (14%)
- None. They should stick with the same playing XI (4%)
Was MS Dhoni right to publicly criticise the verdict on Ravindra Jadeja?
- As captain, he was right to defend his player as he deemed fit (72%)
- He should have let the BCCI handle the issue (13%)
- He should have waited until the verdict on James Anderson (8%)
- He should have been more mindful of his responsibilities (7%)
What contributed most to India’s win over England at Lord’s?
- Ajinkya Rahane’s brilliant 103 in trying conditions on day one (32%)
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s all-round excellence (24%)
- MS Dhoni asking Ishant Sharma to adopt the short-ball strategy (14%)
- Ishant Sharma’s ability to carry out the short-ball tactics with aplomb (14%)
- M Vijay’s painstaking 95 in the second innings (9%)
- Ravindra Jadeja’s brazen counter-attack when India were against the ropes on the fourth day (7%)